Picasso on Art, Dore Ashton, 1972 – P 43
I’ve won when that which I am doing begins to talk without me. When I worked at the painting War and Peace and the series of these drawings, I picked up my sketchbooks daily, telling myself: ‘What will I learn of myself that I didn’t know?’. And when it isn’t me anymore who is talking but the drawings I made, and when they escape and mock me, then I know I’ve achieved my goal. (Roy, 1956, P 122)
"The painter goes through states of fullness and evaluation. that is the whole secret of art, I go for a walk in the forest. I get 'green' indigestion. I must get rid of this sensation into a picture. Green rules it. A painter paints to unload himself of feelings and visions. (Zervos, 1935)
Picasso on Art, Dore Ashton, 1972 – P 43

No comments:
Post a Comment